Thursday, December 30, 2010

Time to Scrap Those Holiday Photos!

The December challenge over at Scrap That Poetry has to January 14th, so it's time to sort through all those holiday photos and get scrapping! There are 2 poems to inspire you:

Mistletoe a Christmas poem
by Walter de la Mare

Make it Snow !
Sitting under the mistletoe
(Pale-green, fairy mistletoe),
One last candle burning low,
All the sleepy dancers gone,
Just one candle burning on,
Shadows lurking everywhere:
Some one came, and kissed me there.
Tired I was; my head would go
Nodding under the mistletoe
(Pale-green, fairy mistletoe),
No footsteps came, no voice, but only,
Just as I sat there, sleepy, lonely,
Stooped in the still and shadowy air
Lips unseen - and kissed me there.

and...

written by: Marinela Reka

A
Shiny
Little star
Burned bright
Full of glowing light
Spreading joy to the night
Christmas time!
A time that fills us with desire
And slowly sets our hearts on fire
We pray, we love and listen to the choir
A jolly Christmas time
The Christmas tree stands so tall and so proud
Takes a seat on the presents as they become a crowd
Looks over the treasured presents like a hovering cloud
Everybody loves Christmas time
It’s decorated merrily with colours and materials of all kinds
It created a place of pleasure and joy for our eyes, and our minds
And many years of pleasure and memories it always unwinds
Christmas
Is slowly
On its
Way
To
Us

Don't forget to pop on over to Scrap That Poetry to see all the great inspiration from the design team, and then post your project by January 14th either the comment section or on Mr. Linky. Oh...and I know I've posted this already, but here's the layout that I created as inspired by the "Shiny Little Star" poem. =)T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!