Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue

Since June is a traditional month for weddings, this month's challenge at The Craft Garden is incorporating the rhyme, "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue". What a fun challenge, here's the layout I've created:


 And I based it on this lovely sketch from The Studio Challenges:

Yup, I used to be in the High School Marching Band! I was sadly not all that musically talented, but really, really, really wanted to be in band! So, I played the cymbals!! For this layout I dug up a group photo from a night during band camp (picture circa 1991=SOMETHING OLD) and layered on top of a jumbo star I cut from a sheet in an old teacher's grade book (SOMETHING OLD #2). You can see my SOMETHING BLUE in the papers and strip of fabric. My SOMETHING NEW items are the Thickers for the title and the PP.

I also incorporated a few other challenges in this layout, as I always love to do. The layout is a pic from my SUMMER at band camp for Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog. I have used 3+ EMBELLISHMENTS for the V is Variety challenge at The ABC Challenge. The teeny tiny little musical note butterfly on the flower is for the THINGS WITH WINGS challenge at All Sorts Challenge Blog). My photo is matted on a piece of RECYCLED CARDBOARD, and I've used acrylic PAINT on my tag for the challenge at City Crafter Challenge Blog.

Now don't forget to get in on the "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue" action! Share your creation by linking up your project at The Craft Garden this month! =) T



9 comments:

  1. What a lovely page with great details, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page, I like your layout and all the detail.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great LO ... I love how you got all those details in for the challenges ... thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic layout. A great take on the fab sketch
    Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is greatness! I love the detail and all the work you put into it. I can barely think and function at the same time so you being able to make this look so fabulous and still meet the requirements of all the different blog challenges.... KUDOS! I'm a new follower, I can't wait to see what else you share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful LO.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on my sketch, its great to see how people are using it, thanks so much for playing along with us at The Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab lo! LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!