Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Time of My Life

looking for the Punky Scraps Blog Hop? Just go here.

Oh I remember going to see Dirty Dancing in the theater- was a bit embarressing to go to that particular movie with my grandmother, but how I LOVED it!! The perfect summer-time romance combined with dancing and a fabulous soundtrack too! Which brings me to this week's challenge (and my first as a Pop Gal) at Scrap It With a Song- "The Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing, by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes. Here's what I came up with for the challenge:


I wasn't actually on this vaca with my family; I had gone back to school and couldn't skip out on my classes, no matter how once-in-a-lifetime a trip it was! So, I changed the title to be "the time of YOUR life". It's a pretty simple layout, but I do have a few fun things to note: The yellow scallop is my own little hand-drawn free-form scallop. The map is a piece I ripped out of an old atlas- these kinds of yard-sale finds always make for eclectic additions to a layout!

Be sure and visit Scrap It With a Song to see the rest of the "Time of Your Life" inspired projects from the other Pop Gals. Link up your interpretation by Saturday for your chance to be in our top 5, and perhaps get in on the prize action from our sponsor, Fancy Pants!! =) T

1 comment:

  1. I love getting creative with things you wouldn't normally think of, like you using a piece of map from an atlas. I keep things, even if at the time I think it's junk, and then I always wind up with a project I need something interesting for. The title is perfect for that, because like you said, it's a once in a life time kind of trip and I bet your family had the time of their lives there!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!