Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Guest Designer at ARTastic Scraps!

ARTastic Challenge Blog

woohoo- I was chosen to be a Guest Designer at ARTastic Challenge Blog this month! Shazza has a lovely painting for your inspiration, 'The Playing Claude Renoir' by Auguste Renoir:



Diva Demand for an extra 6 bonus points try and work the following into your layout: Ribbon = 1pt; A photo of a child or child playing = 2pts; Paint or create your own background = 3pts. Here's what I came up with:


A few fun things to note about this layout: I used white acrylic paint to paint cross-hatch lines on the background CG, and then stamped the leaf stamp in 3 different shades of brown down the side. I also embossed a puddle of copper embossing powder on the top left and pressed the leaf stamp into the melted powder to create a "debossed" look. The copper embossing also shows up on the leaf next to the title, and arouns the edge of the white CS.

Be Sure and link up your own take on this ARTastic challenge, there are some wonderful prizes to be had, one of them from yours truly! =) T

1 comment:

  1. I love the colour combination and the different techniques you have used.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!