Thursday, September 1, 2011

September's Challenge at The Craft Garden

It's September 1st, time for a new challenge at The Craft Garden! We had a fun photo to use as our inspiration this month:

and some goreous flowers to include in our project too, thanks Kerry!

Put those two elements together, and here's what I came up with:

This was a layout that wasn't really in "the plan"- yes, I'm a planner. I have a binder that organizes all my scrapping projects, and this one was not in the works. Leftovers from a wedding LO, these adorable pics just didn't fit. And so they sat and sat (the pics are from 2002) until I recently came across them and squealed at my 2 little ones, I just HAD to scrap them!! See, I used to always scrap everything "event related", and missed out on the opportunities like this- to look at the photos and find other meanings. Not just pics of my kids at the wedding, but the fact that my son can find an adventure ANYWHERE- even at a wedding with no other playmates, he's racing through a field of sunflowers. And my daughter can nap ANYWHERE- even at a wedding filled with a ton of people and loud music!

I hope you'll be inspired by this month's prompt and link up your project at The Craft Garden, would love to see what you create!
=) T

Challenges:
-The Craft Garden photo inspiration
-Craft Us Crazy fall colors

1 comment:

  1. Precious moments that you've captured so nice in your layout, I just love your pages.

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!