Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cowboys

Watching the Grammy Awards the other night, I was inspired by the Highwaymen performance (Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard, and Blake Shelton). Now, I'm not much of a country girl myself, but I do love seeing living legends of any genre performing! When they sang the song "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grown Up to be Cowboys" my mind went right to a pic of my kiddos back in 2005 that has yet to be scrapped. This was a perfect time to finally get this photo in the scrapbook!

Aren't they so stinking cute? This was from a vacation to Texas back in 2005, they were very happy with their new cowboy hats! To do this layout I had the help of a few great challenges, starting with this great sketch from Creative Scrappers:

 

The triangles were a lot of fun to play with, not something I had done before, and a great way to use all those scraps in my stash!! Because I LOVE to combine challenges, I also used the Navy, Teal, Pink and White color scheme from Practical Scrappers, of course this goes perfectly with the COWBOY challenge at Simon Says Stamp, my photo is out in the gorgeous desert for the OUTDOORS theme at Shopping Our Stash, and I used typewriter stamps for my title for the JUST MY TYPE challenge at Paper Issues

Thanks for stopping by! =) T

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute Tiffany! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids look so little and adorable! Love the triangles in the sketch, you did a great job with the challenges, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun photo to scrap! Love your take on the Cowboy challenge! Thanks for joining us over at SImon Says :) - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this layout is so beautiful! Love the beautiful background pattern and the great photo. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for joining in a Shoppingour Stash and playing in the Cabin Fever challenge! Those hats and that pic are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!